October 8, 2010

Thank You!

I just wanted to say Thank You to all of you that left me comments on the last post! It's really makes me feel better about my parenting and that I am not the only one that has experienced these little hiccups with my little boy! We all get so wrapped up in writing all of the good moments about our little bundles of joy that we forget about the not so good times. This I guess is a good thing but writing about the trying times and then finding out that other mothers are having or had the same issues really reassures a first time mother! So once again, Thanks!

I am happy to say that Caden has been so much better this past week! He is back to his happy self!! He is sleeping like a champ, started taking a consistent long nap in the afternoons and never misses a meal! I really hope that my body can keep up with his ever growing appetite! With that said, I am happy to say that my baby has only had breast milk since the day he was born! For me, this is probably the biggest accomplishment of my life. Breastfeeding is really, really hard and there were multiple times that I wanted to throw in the towel but I stuck with it and am very happy that we are still going strong! I promised myself a while ago that I was not going to set an 'up to this day' date so there is no pressure on myself to reach a certain goal. We are going to keep it up until it no longer works for the both of us!

My husband and I just recently pulled out the video camera since we have been so bad at recording these precious moments and watched a video from one of his first days home from the hospital. I couldn't believe how much he has changed in only three months! Everyone always says that you forget how small they are when they are first born and unfortunately, I am already forgetting those days. They also say that when you go back and look at the pictures, videos of when they are that small you seem to forget all of the 'trying' times and I can already say that I have! And they also say that when you see a 'new' baby it really gives you that urge to have another one so you can experience it all over again, and yes, it has! Just not anytime soon! Let's just enjoy this one for a while ; )

I hope everyone has a great weekend!! I can't wait to share with you Caden's 3 month pictures this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment