May 18, 2012

A little of this....A little of that!

We have finally settled into our new home! I love this house! It is everything we wanted at this time in our lives. Do I see ourselves staying here forever? Probably not but we definitely could, if we needed to. The only thing I hate about this house (any house- I would imagine) is the amount of work required to making it "our" home. I swear we have been to Home Depot at least every other day for the past four weeks. The bills are coming in like crazy but I'm hoping to have a lot of the "most be done" projects finished prior to baby #2!

Oh yea, about baby #2- He's breach........I was really upset about it at first but now I am coping with the fact that I may have to have a c-section. I talk to the little guy everyday and ask him nicely if he would like to turn around. The doctor offered to have me come in at 37 weeks to do an external turn but I really don't want to do that. I just think that it is the baby's decision not mine. With that said, we go in for an ultrasound on Tuesday to see if he has flipped. Maybe I will do some handstands or something this weekend.....hahaha!

I have been reading a lot of blogs lately about turning 30, random tidbits about yourself and bucket lists. I really would like to do a post on each of these but I feel I never have the time to do so. I started a list of randoms about myself but I'm pretty sure they are not that interesting. I'll let you be the judge!

1) I am a neat freak! Seriously have a problem. Probably on the verge of being OCD about it. I hate clutter. I hate messes. I hate dust. I love having a clean house..If only I had the time to stay on top of it like I would want. Maybe one day I will hire a house cleaner!

2) I love being outside. If I could spend every minute of every day outside, I would be the happiest person. I think my son acquired this from me as well. He can't get enough of the sun!

3) I am a list maker. I have lists everywhere. One at work. One for grocery shopping. One for things that need to get done. I'm not sure why I need the lists because most of the time I remember what I need to do or buy but it makes me feel so much better.

4) My ultimate all time favorite smell is suntan lotion! I know this is very random but every time I pick up Caden from "school" I love that he smells like suntan lotion. It reminds me of summer, being a kid and having fun.

5) I have to shower everyday. I don't know how people can go more than a day without washing their hair. Don't get me wrong, I wish I could but I just can't. I feel so gross if I don't shower. This does not mean that I actually get ready everyday but at least I am clean!

6) I am really scared of bugs.....All bugs.... I hate them! With the new house we have found some creatures that like to claim residency in our house. I normally have my husband take care of it but there are many times that I am home by my house. I have to grab a shoe, stare at the bug for like 5 mins and then close my eyes and swing. I hope that I kill it the first time because if not, this process can take a day!

7) I love wine!! No....I'm not drinking it now while I'm pregnant but I crave it like crazy. It's my wind me down at the end of the day drink. I don't typically have a glass everyday but it really helps take the edge off of a crazy, hectic day. I can't wait for the summer and when I can sit in the back yard and enjoy a nice glass of deliciousness! Only 6 more weeks!!

8) I hate to admit this but I will, I struggle with wanting to be a stay at home mom and a working mom. At this time, I have to be a working mom but I know a few years down the road there will be the option to be a full time mommy. As much as I want to be home with my children all day, I don't know if I can handle it! It's a tough job and it makes my work job look so easy.....I guess we will have to revisit this at a later date when there is an option to do so.

9) I love to read!! It relaxes me, that and a glass of wine! If I could be left alone for an hour to read outside with a glass of wine, I am the happiest person alive. With our move to the suburbs, I have an hour commute into the city on the train. In three weeks I have almost finished three books! Something about that makes me so proud!

10) Pampering- I really don't do a lot of this for myself. I keep telling myself that I need to do more but I do get pedicure's every two weeks during sandal season! It's my "me" time!

11) I am now realizing how hard it is to write about yourself! I'm so used to writing about everything else that I really don't think about myself too much.

12) Is 11 really sad? Is that what happens when you become a mom! No time to be selfish.....

13) I love, love reality TV. I could watch Real Housewives, 16 and Pregnant, Bethany Ever After all day long. I haven't been watching much TV lately but those are my normal go to shows.

14) I recently finished the 2nd season of Shameless and I am obsessed. I would highly recommend watching if you have Showtime or Netflix! It takes place on the southside of Chicago. It's funny, depressing and entertaining all in one!

15) I never thought I would love the idea of being a "boy mom" but I'm so looking forward to having another boy! I'm not sure if I can handle a girl.....That's not saying that I don't eventually want to have one! Hopefully #3!

Well that's all I can think of right now! Time to enjoy the nice weather, a nice glass of non-alcoholic vino and watching my son play in the backyard.


2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your update! Now I know why we're such good friends, I could relate to every one of your thoughts. I was cracking up about you loving reality shows, 16 & pregnant and glad to see you are obsessed with Shameless! Haha, hope these next few weeks go great for you& can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My midwife gave me a tip if B would have been breach. Sit in the bath tub with warm water up to your belly button. Put a pack of frozen veggies on the top of your belly (where the babies head is). Sit for 30 min, a few times if needed. The theory goes that the baby doesn't like cold and sometimes will turn towards the warmth (warm water). She has had clients that this worked for. May be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete